The original weather stripping in your Ford vehicle was installed at the factory to help seal off the cabin against wind, rain, and dirt. These rubber and soft plastic slats line your windows and door edges and are secured by adhesives and small screws. They do more than just seal your interior, though. For example, they help to muffle the noise made when a car door closes. They also help cut down on outside noise, which is invaluable when you're trying to have a conversation or listen to a favorite song while you're driving at highway speeds.
Signs That It's Time to Replace Your Weather Stripping
Even the best weather stripping can degrade over time, though. Here are some indications that yours needs upgrading:
- You hear air whistling through closed windows and doors
- You notice water spots on the inside of your doors
- You see cracks or brittle bits of stripping
No results found for "weather stripping". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!